Starting, running and growing a successful ensemble is a complex business that relies on the balance between a lot of different elements.
This workshop gives participants steps and useful tips to build thriving community or school ensembles. It is never a fast process but there are many things that conductors, heads of music and leaders can do to develop quality in their ensembles and to achieve wide-eyed rehearsals. Playing in an ensemble is what we and students do for fun, so it had better be worthwhile on many levels.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- Challenging the players,
- Establishing clear purpose for the ensemble,
- Concentration and teamwork,
- What are players really there for?
- Why will they (wont they) come?
- The many roles of the conductor
- Ensemble philosophy
- Quality through listening and musicianship
- What’s in a name?
- Creating traditions
- Be an expert conductor
Click here to see Jenny’s – Powerpoint Presentation
Click here to see this excellent TED Talk – Itay Telgam
Click here to read the blog post. -‘7 steps to growing an ensemble’